Cars. As a society we are dependant on them not only for work and transportation but also recreation. We learn to drive at a young age and most of us are licensed before we can vote.
Many families own multiple cars. They're everywhere we go, use them just about everyday, and yet many of us don't know what to do when an accident occurs. The good news is there are things you can do before a collision occurs to make the process smoother if it does happen. Just read on.
Who Was Driving?
What happens after an accident can depend on who was driving. It determines who was at fault, and whose insurance company pays.
- What are you responsibilities after an automobile accident?
- Protect yourself if you were stopped for Driving Under the Influence/Driving While Intoxicated (DUI/DWI)?
- Traffic violations can take a toll on your insurance payments and your driving record.
- Single car accidents: When you're the only person with car damage.
- What are parents responsibile for when their teenager has an accident?
- If the other driver was drunk, dram shop laws may apply.
- Whose insurance coverage pays when using another person's vehicle?
- Liability when loaning your car to another person: Who's at risk?
- When a government employee or agency is involved: Government liability for auto accidents
- What happens if I have an accident while driving a rental car?
- Parking lot accidents: Understand the issues
After an Automobile Accident
Should you fix your car after an accident or will your insurance company "total" it?
- Most accidents require a police report.
- No matter where the accident took place, here's what to do after an automobile accident.
- How does an insurance company determine the value or diminished value of my car?
- Understand how estimates for repairs for your car and how they impact the process.
- How does filing a claim work if both parties have the same inaurance company?
- Can I use insurance proceeds to fix my vehicle?
- FAQs about insurance company Bad Faith. Know your legal options.
Injuries During an Accident
From minor scratches and bruises, to extensive injuries that land you in the hospital, what you should do next.
- Auto accidents and personal injury lawsuits: What are your rights?
- Recoverable damages in an auto accident lawsuit:; what are the different types?
- Are there time limits on filing an auto accident claim?