Selecting a lawyer is a big step and more than a little intimidating. Whether you go with a family friend, a coworker's recommendation or a lawyer online or in a directory, there are a few things you should know. Lawyers.comsm has several tools to help make your selection easier.
- Select a lawyer whose experience matches the area of law you need. You wouldn't use a divorce lawyer in a personal injury lawsuit, would you?
- Choose an attorney that is in good standing. Check out what other lawyers say about your selection using Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review RatingsTM
- Find out what other people say about their experiences with a particular lawyer with Client Review Ratings
- Meeting with an attorney can only help you get the facts and make an informed decision. It never hurts to seek expert legal advice
Learn more about selecting a lawyer on the web, from the yellow pages, or from referrals. Remember, knowledge is power and the more you have the better selection you can make.
- 12 Questions to Ask Your Potential Lawyer- Select a Lawyer Video
- Statement of Client's Responsibilities (PDF)
- Statement of Client's Rights (PDF)
- Types of Lawyers and Areas of Law Definitions
|Select a Lawyer - Consumer Issues|
|Select a Lawyer - Business Issues|
Get Professional Help
How It Works
- Briefly tell us about your case
- Provide your contact information
- Connect with local attorneys