Oregon Small Claims

Talk to a Local Attorney

What is Small Claims Court?

What can you do if you're owed money, from a customer, for example, but it's not enough to justify hiring an attorney? In Oregon, this type of dispute, and many others, are handled by a special court. Oregonians should know a little about what "small claims court" is and how it works. More

Filing a Small Claims Suit

Now that you've decided that it's time to file a lawsuit in Oregon small claims court to get some money you're owed, you have some work to do. Filing a small claims suit involves several things. You have to know exactly who you're suing, have the right paperwork, and file the lawsuit in the right court. More

Small Claims Trials

Now that your small claims lawsuit has been filed, it may be time to go to trial and have an Oregon small claims court, or "people's court," decide who wins and loses. It's important to know how the trial process works and what you can do to help make sure that you win before you get there. More

Witnesses at a Small Claims Trial

Getting ready for a trial or hearing in an Oregon small claims court (or "people's court") can be nerve wracking. Besides papers and documents, like receipts or a lease, what do you need to win? Witnesses at small claims court can have a big impact on whether the judge agrees or disagrees with you. More

After Small Claims Court

The hearing or trial of your case in the Oregon small claims court (or "people's court") is almost here. You have all your papers and witnesses ready for the judge to make a decision. It's a good idea now to know what to expect after the small claims court has seen and heard all the evidence. More

Collecting the Judgment

You won your case in the Oregon small claims court, or "people's court," and you're entitled to get the money you're owed! Unfortunately, winning isn't always the end of the case. Now you have to get the defendant to pay up, and collecting on the judgment isn't always easy. More

Alternatives to Small Claims Court

Does someone owe you money or refuses to return your personal property, but you don't want to file a lawsuit? Not even one in the Oregon small claims court (or "people's court")? There are alternatives to small claims court that may help you recover what you're owed without having to go to court. More

State *
* State is Required.

Law Firms in Ashburn, VA  change location

Get Professional Help

Find a lawyer
Practice Area:
Zip Code:
How It Works
  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys
Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer