There are few things in life as exciting or as life changing as getting married. Whether you're planning a large wedding or a quiet elopement there is much that you need to be aware of as you make this transition. In the flurry of activity there is a lot that can be overlooked. Make sure you enter into marriage as prepared as you can be both emotionally and legally so that you can avoid some potential mishaps and start your marriage off on the right foot.
Planning the Wedding
- The marriage license - you can't get married without one.
- Today there are more alternatives to getting married.
- Is this a remarriage for either you or your new spouse?
- Understand the importance of pre- and post- marital agreements.
- Know how wedding insurance works and where to get it.
- Who gets the ring if the wedding is cancelled.
- Find out what to do when contracts aren't fulfilled.