- Can Martindale-Hubbell recommend a lawyer?
- How can I find someone that was an attorney years ago?
- How often are the listings updated?
- I can't find this attorney I am thinking of hiring - does that mean I should be suspicious?
Q: Can Martindale-Hubbell recommend a lawyer?
- A:Martindale-Hubbell is not at liberty to supply attorney referrals or legal advice, as we are a publishing company. Our website, lawyers.com, includes:
- A wide range ofinformation on selecting a lawyerincluding legal articles and the top 12 questions to ask your lawyer.
- Community allows members to exchange information by posting questions, concerns, answers and solutions on the Internet's most active and helpful law message boards.
- Ask a Lawyer allows members to pose general legal questions to our panel of attorneys for possible answers on the site.
- Find a Lawyer allows you to search for an attorney in your area and in a specific practice area. You can also search by attorney or firm name.
- Contact Lawyers on lawyers.com allows you to compose a brief request and submit it to lawyers in a specific practice area and location who may be able to assist.
Q: How can I find someone that was an attorney years ago?
- A:Historical editions of the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory may be available in your local public or law school library. You can also contact the Columbia Law Library at 1-800-332-4529 between 10-4 ET, or by email, email@example.com, and they can assist you.
Q: How often are the listings updated?
- A:The online listings in lawyers.com and martindale.com are updated throughout the year. Books, offered by Martindale-Hubbell, are published once per year.
Q: I can't find this attorney I am thinking of hiring - does that mean I should be suspicious?
- A:Not necessarily. Martindale-Hubbell offers two attorney directories:
- Lawyers.com, where the attorneys and firms found in the Find a Lawyer directory have elected to purchase a listing.
- martindale.com, where Martindale-Hubbell endeavors to provide a comprehensive listing of attorneys and law firms. However, not everyone chooses to provide us with their information for publication.