Kentucky Small Claims

Talk to a Local Attorney

What is Small Claims Court?

What can you do when someone owes you money, or has something belongs to you, and you don't want to pay an attorney to get it? In Kentucky, these and other types of legal problems can be settled by a special court. Knowing what "small claims court" is and how it works can really pay off. More

Filing a Small Claims Suit

Now that you've decided that it's time to file a lawsuit against someone in a Kentucky small claims court, the real work begins. Filing a small claims suit involves several things. You have to know exactly who you're suing, have the right paperwork, and file the suit in the right court. More

Small Claims Trials

Now that your suit's been filed in a Kentucky small claims court, it may be getting close to the time for the "hearing," or trial, when a judge will decide if you win or lose. You should know how the small claims trial process works and what you can do to help make sure that you win. More

Witnesses at a Small Claims Trial

Other than organizing things like canceled checks and repair estimates, what else can you do to increase you chances of winning at the trial or hearing of a case in a Kentucky small claims court? Witnesses at small claims court can make the difference between winning and losing the case. More

After Small Claims Court

It's almost time for the trial or hearing of a case in a Kentucky small claims court, but you're ready. You've organized your bills, canceled checks, and other papers, and your witnesses will be in court. Now you need to have an idea of what to expect after the small claims court makes a decision. More

Collecting the Judgment

You did it! The judge of a Kentucky small claims court agreed with you and ordered someone to pay you or return the property you sued for. Unfortunately, collecting on the judgment, that is, actually getting paid or getting your property, isn't always a fast or easy thing to do. More

Alternatives to Small Claims Court

Is someone refusing to pay you money he owes or to return some personal property that's yours? You could file a lawsuit in a Kentucky small claims court to get it, but what if you don't want to go to court? There are some alternatives to small claims court that may help you get what's yours. More

State *
* State is Required.

Law Firms in Ashburn, VA  change location

Get Professional Help

Find a lawyer
Practice Area:
Zip Code:
How It Works
  1. Briefly tell us about your case
  2. Provide your contact information
  3. Connect with local attorneys
Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer