> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Family Law > Wrong father on child's birth certificate. How do I correct this?

Wrong father on child's birth certificate. How do I correct this?

1 Answers. Asked on Nov 26th, 2012 on Family Law - Florida
More details to this question:
The listed father's named on child's birth certificate is not the real father. I need to correct this, if possible. I am not trying to get child support, only wish to place the name of the real father on the birth certificate. The child was born in Florida but now lives in Georgia. How can I get this corrected without going back to Florida? The father listed on the birth certificate lives in Europe, but was told that he was not the real father. A none court order DNA test was done with the father not listed on the birth certificate, and it showed that he was the father.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Mark Rowan Miller at Ford, Miller & Wainer, P.A.
Licenced in FL
Answered on Nov 27th, 2012 at 8:15 AM

google bureau of vital statistics florida and look into birth amendments.  It may be that you are going to need the real father join in your efforts to do this.



Report Abuse
Family Law
A family law attorney can guide you through the many legal issues facing couples, parents and their children. Family law lawyers can work with individuals who are engaged or married to create pre-nuptial agreements and post-nuptial agreements. Family law attorneys will also work with individuals and couples seeking to start or grow a family through adoption. And law firms can work with individuals who are getting divorced to negotiate a divorce agreement, including alimony, palimony, the division of property and debts, child custody, child support and visitation.
Have an Family Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Family Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Cory Goldensoph P.C.

Cedar Rapids, IA

| Contact Now

Goldstein Law Ltd.

Las Vegas, NV

| Contact Now

Estevez-Pazos Law Firm, P.A.

Coral Gables, FL

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums