> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Civil Litigation > Need an extension to Answer a Summoms and complaint

Need an extension to Answer a Summoms and complaint

1 Answers. Asked on May 13th, 2013 on Civil Litigation - New York
More details to this question:
My 75 year old father has been served a summons and complaint in New York County Supreme Court. I need to get an extension to answer in order to find an attorney to handle the case. Can I hire an attorney to only file for an extension.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 13th, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Have you father  up the attorney and ask for an extension. Ask for an additional  30 days. Make sure that the attorney gives him  written consent.

Report Abuse
Civil Litigation
Disagreements happen, and if the parties to a dispute cannot reach a mutually agreeable solution, then they may have to turn to the courts for help resolving their disagreement. Civil litigation can be used to resolve all sorts of conflicts, from personal injury cases to contract disputes, from disagreements between neighbors to contested wills. But don't head to court on your own. Whether you're an individual or a small business, defendant or plaintiff, you need the advice and guidance of a litigator who has experience with all aspects of civil litigation. Your attorney can prepare and file the lawsuit while continuing to try to negotiate an out-of-court settlement. And if the disagreement can't be resolved amicably, your lawyer can work with you to develop a strategy, represent you in court and advocate on your behalf during the civil trial.
Have an Civil Litigation Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Civil Litigation Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums