> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Personal Injury > i was injured at work, am i entitled to any kind of settlement from my employer, even though i was given worksman compensation.

i was injured at work, am i entitled to any kind of settlement from my employer, even though i was given worksman compensation.

1 Answers. Asked on Aug 12th, 2012 on Personal Injury - Indiana
More details to this question:
i am a truck-driver, i was driving a flatbed trailer. as i was binding my load i was hit in the face, resulting in me shattering my jawbone in 5 places. i was given worksman comp. i also had surgery where they put a plate in my face to replace my jawbone. i have returned to work. i live in the state of indiana. do i have a legitimate case, or am i entitled to money?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Aug 27th, 2012 at 10:09 AM

The answer to your question is "maybe."  To know for sure, I am going to need some additional information.  Because the accident happened while you were at work, you are definitely entitled to Worker's Compensation benefits and it sounds as though you are receiving those.  The next question is whether there may be a third party whose may have been negligent in causing your injuries.  For example, if the strap failed, it is possible that you could sue the manufacturer of the strap for product liability.  Was it your trailer?  Perhaps the owner has some responsibility?  Another example of third-party liability could be that the company that loaded your vehicle did it incorrectly, thereby resulting in your injury.  In either case, you would have to prove that some other parties' negligence was the cause of your injuries.  I would be more than happy to discuss your particular  situation with you in person.  I can be reached at 1-800-625-4710.  There is never a fee unless we accept your case and are able to reach a settlement.


Report Abuse
Personal Injury
Have you been injured in accident that was someone else's fault? Has a doctor's mistake caused long-term health issues? Have you been hurt by a defective product? Under state personal injury laws, you may be entitled to compensation if you are hurt as a result of another person or company's negligent, reckless or deliberate actions. Personal injury lawyers work with the victims of all kinds of accidents, including auto accidents, motorcycle crashes, truck crashes, boating accidents, plane crashes, workplace injuries and railroad accidents. You should also hire a personal injury attorney if you've been injured as a result of dental or medical malpractice, a defective product, nursing home abuse, a slip and fall accident on someone else's property or a dog bite. Your personal injury law firm can help you collect money to pay for medical expenses, temporary or permanent disability, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other injury-related expenses.
Have an Personal Injury Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Personal Injury Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums