> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Divorce > how do I transfer a filed divorce case to another county in Texas?

how do I transfer a filed divorce case to another county in Texas?

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 02nd, 2013 on Divorce - Texas
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jan 07th, 2013 at 2:28 PM

If neither party resides in the county where the divorce was originally filed, you can file a Motion to Transfer Venue to county where at least one party resides.  Once the Order to Transfer Venue is signed, the clerk of the court sends the file to the new clerk's office in the new county.

Report Abuse
Ending a marriage is more than just an emotional process--it's also a legal process. The court must approve your "dissolution of marriage" petition, and will also rule on issues related to the division of property, alimony (also known as spousal support or maintenance), child custody and child support. A divorce or family law attorney can help guide you through the divorce process, while also negotiating with your soon-to-be ex-spouse and his or her divorce lawyer. It's important to note that ethics laws prohibit the same law firm or attorney from representing both spouses in a divorce. Even if your divorce is an amicable one, it's critical to have your own legal representation to ensure that you're treated fairly at all stages of the divorce proceeding.
Have an Divorce Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Divorce Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Goldstein Law Ltd.

Las Vegas, NV

| Contact Now

Estevez-Pazos Law Firm, P.A.

Coral Gables, FL

| Contact Now

Assalone & Associates, LLC

Warwick, RI

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums