> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Estate Litigation > How can I sell my deceased mother's car when there is no probate or executor?

How can I sell my deceased mother's car when there is no probate or executor?

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 07th, 2013 on Estate Litigation - Florida
More details to this question:
There are 4 children. We are all in agreement about selling the vehicle. just need to know the process and what paperwork to file.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 11th, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I have found that the Department of Motor Vehicles tends to be helpful and flexible when it comes to title transfer of vehicles in small estates. I suppose they do not want unregistered, uninsured, and unlicensed vehicles on the road. Take the death certificate, will, and perhaps an agreement signed by all of the heirs at law to DMV.

If they cannot help you, then Florida has several types of procedures for smaller estates.  Your scenario may even qualify for disposition of personal property without administration, depending on the value of the assets.

Good luck

Report Abuse
Estate Litigation
Most estates go through the probate process in a smooth manner. But if a family member feels that he or she has been wronged, disputes can occur. From voided wills to looted estates, from accounting disputes to disagreements over the sale of assets, an estate litigation attorney can represent either the estate itself or beneficiaries in the event of a contested will, contested trust and/or allegations of wrongdoing. Estate litigation lawyers and law firms can also work with families if guardianship is being contested.
Have an Estate Litigation Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Estate Litigation Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Littman Krooks LLP

White Plains, NY

| Contact Now

Chepenik Trushin LLP

North Miami, FL

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums