Do I have a malpractice case?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 28th, 2013 on Medical Malpractice - Connecticut
More details to this question:
I went in for a vag hysterectomy and during the suture process a piece of my rectum was pulled in and sewn into my vagina. When my normal BMs started again it perforated where rectum was sewn and feces began flowing from my vagina instead of my anus. Was admitted to hospital and now have a colostomy bag which I have to wear for 3-4 months minimum before I can hopefully get the colostomy reversed. This has taken a toll on my family both physically and emotionally. My body is scarred for life because of the doctor sewing a small piece of rectum to my vagina. Do I have a case against OB/GYN?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 01st, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I am sorry to hear about this.  It sounds like you might have a basis for a medical malpractice suit.  What i recommend is that you request your medical records from the hysterectomy and from being readmitted after the complications and start calling local attorneys in your area who handle medical malpractice suits.  I think that it is worth you looking into this further and consulting with a local attorney in your area who will know more about your states requirements for medical malpractice cases.  Best of luck!

NOTE: This response is general in nature and should not be considered legal advice.  No attorney client relationship exists or is formed by this response.

Report Abuse
Medical Malpractice
Have you been injured as a result of a doctor, nurse or other healthcare provider's mistake, misdiagnosis or professional negligence? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries under your state's medical malpractice and personal injury laws. Medical malpractice claims can arise from a doctor's failure to diagnose a health condition, misdiagnosis, medication error, negligent behavior or mistake during childbirth that causes birth defects. Medical malpractice attorneys can review your medical records and help determine whether your have grounds for a lawsuit. If appropriate, your lawyers can file a lawsuit, attempt to negotiate a settlement on your behalf and represent you during trial, if a settlement can't be reached.
Have an Medical Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Medical Malpractice Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Zarzaur Law, P.A.

Pensacola, FL

| Contact Now

Zonies Law LLC

Denver, CO

| Contact Now

Saladino & Schaaf, PLLC

Paducah, KY

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums