> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > can a cuban citizen be deported after entering illegally into the us?

can a cuban citizen be deported after entering illegally into the us?

1 Answers. Asked on Feb 11th, 2013 on Immigration - Texas
More details to this question:
i entered the united states illegaly thru mexico and i was arrested and relaese after 6 month... i didnt get a paroled and now im in deportation procedure.... am i elegible for adjustment of status?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Feb 11th, 2013 at 3:39 PM

If you did not enter with inspection, or if you were not paroled, you are not eligible for adjustment of status, at first glance, under the Cuban Adjustment Act.  You may be eligible to apply for asylum, and if you are in removal proceedings, this may be an important remedy for you.  One issue is going to be that the general rule is that an application for asylum must be filed within one year of the applicant's last entry into the U.S., keep this in mind because absent a very good reason, you may not be allowed to apply if you allow more than a year to pass before you file your application. 

Jan Joseph Bejar, Esq.

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Immigration Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Wood & Lamping, L.L.P.

Cincinnati, OH

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums