> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Immigration > After the I-130 has been approved, how long does it take for the NVC to schedule an interview in the appropriate embassy?

After the I-130 has been approved, how long does it take for the NVC to schedule an interview in the appropriate embassy?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 01st, 2012 on Immigration - Arizona
More details to this question:
I am a U.S. citizen filling for my Mexican husband. He has never been in the U.S. and we filled on August 9th. On September 21st, the petition was approved and sent to the NVC. We wanted to know approximately how long from now will they schedule his interview?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Brian Lincoln Aust at Aust Schmiechen, P.A.
Licenced in MN
Answered on Mar 05th, 2012 at 12:50 PM

The NVC should have already sent out a case number along with fee bills (Invoice) for $492. If not, call 603-334-0700 to find out what the case number is and to get the invoice number. You then pay the fees online and email NVC copies of documents (I-864, copy of his passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate) and he completes the DS-260 form online. Once all documents are considered complete, NVC will schedule the appointment. From case completion until the initial interview in Ciudad Juarez is typically about 2 months.

Report Abuse
Regardless of your situation, U.S. immigration law can be confusing. Are you seeking to come to the United States for pleasure, business or to attend school? Do you want to stay here just temporarily, for a longer period of time or live here permanently? Are you a permanent resident or seeking citizenship? If you want to come to the United States, immigration lawyers can help determine your eligibility for various types of visas and guide you through the application process. If you've already arrived in the United States, an immigration attorney can determine whether you're eligible for permanent residency and if you can bring family members into the country to live with you. Immigration law firms can also work with individuals who have entered the country illegally, overstayed their visas or violated the conditions of their visas and are facing removal or deportation proceedings.
Have an Immigration Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Immigration Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
The Steve Wilson Firm

Memphis, TN

| Contact Now

Cook Clark, LLC

Vero Beach, FL

| Contact Now

Creech & Creech LLC

Philadelphia, PA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums